Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Back in High School?

Aaron and I are officially becoming engulfed in the culture of high schoolers. I mean, seriously, how can we not be when we hang out with them a ton and learn about all the cool gadgets?? So, today we did three things to show we are actually getting younger and not older:

1) Our youth group students are HUGE texting maniacs. I guess, who in high school isn't?? So, we have entered the world of contacting students via texting...wow does it make a difference! We aren't quite as fast at texting as they are, but hey at least we're trying!

2) I got a cell phone today! I know...just a few years behind but I did have a cell for quite a while until we got married and then have not had one for almost three years! Today we added another line finally :) We are having fun with our new phones! Erika's Motorola Krave
Aaron's enV Touch

3) We prank phone called people today! :) Haha...oh my goodness! Who does that anymore?? Since we had a new number that no one knew about, we took advantage of it! Don't worry, we only pranked our parents and a few people who had it coming :)

Tomorrow we are going on vacation and someday soon (maybe!) I'll update on our summer. It has been such a fantastic summer that I hate to see it end! Adios!

4 comments:

Patrick said...

Ah prank calls. How I loved making those in college. Thanks for continuing the tradition!

i 2 jst strtd txtn - i will snd u 1 soon

Nicole Suzanne Farley said...

Oh GOODNESS, I don't know how you survived without a cell phone...except I guess I don't have one now, so now I do know how you survived. :) CONGRATS on the phone, and happy prank calling!

Sarah said...

That's awesome, Erika! I'm glad I have your new cell number:) Enjoy those prank calls, haven't done those in awhile! Love you!

Erika said...

I know! I don't know how I survived but now it's almost weird taking it with me! I keep forgetting it places..hmm..:) And, yes, the prank phone calls...WAY too much fun! Pat, you only forgot one thing with your texting...surrounding EVERYTHING with LOL! LOL!....oh my goodness! Ridiculous! Technology and lack of grammar these days :)