Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Already 2 Weeks?

Yikes...two weeks since my last post. I guess I'm not as reflective right now :) Aaron and I have been so busy with Fun things! We have had just an incredible few weeks together and with other people...have you ever had those times in life that are just so blissful and "perfect"? Well, that's been our last two weeks. Thank you, Lord, for the multiple blessings of these weeks!

Yesterday was a hot one! I look like a lobster and even worst because I realized last night that only one half of my face got the burn and the other not so much. Lobster and Two-Face? But, yesterday was a glorious day. After running a bunch of errands while Aaron was working, we went to the lake in the evening, strolled along the beach, picked up Tropical Sno (I think this is just an Iowa place? Correct me if I'm wrong), picked mulberries until our hands were drenched in purple, and spent some quality time together laughing and talking. I love my husband :)

We've had some crazy weird weather going on here lately...I'm sure everyone has! Thursday morning we woke up to heavy rains, crashing thunder and lightning...a delightful summer storm! We both love storms so at first it was just cool and I thought "When I hear the siren, I'll run to the basement". Then I thought to myself, "What if MY house is the house that gets hit by the tornado that eventually makes them turn on the siren?" Common sense overruled fun that morning :) However, we drove around town immediately after the storm and the electricity in our town was out! Trees were everywhere and it did some significant damage. It took four hours for the power in our house to come back on. It was quite the memory!

Those are just a few tidbits of our week, but I'm going to leave you with some more of the Beautiful flowers in our yard...our former owners rock to have planted so many gorgeous plants for us to enjoy!
In the event that I will forget to blog before this weekend, we are leaving for our summer mission trip with our youth group this Saturday! We're headed to Texas this year to help with hurricane relief! If you're the praying type, please keep us in your prayers! Thanks!!

No comments: