Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Getting Ready for Texas!!!

Today we had Bible Study with some of our youth group students and as we were talking about Texas, I realized that I am not prepared at all! I'm not mentally, physically, or emotionally ready for the trip!

So, first step when I got home: Prepared mentally. We thought through every thing that needs to be done to make our house ready for being gone a week, our dog ready to go to the dogsitter (aka my parents), and what to bring along in our luggage.

Next: Prepare physically. We're in the process of that (and I'm procrastinating by blogging :) Bags packed, van packed, first aid kit packed, blah, blah, blah packed :) Clean house, mow lawn, laundry, etc...

Last? Prepare emotionally. I'm usually okay in this area but I have to admit after last year's car accident on our way back from Salt Lake City, I know I need to prepare a little more in this department this year. Not with an anxious or worrisome spirit but with a heart that is also ready for the unexpected to happen and faith that God is in control no matter what happens!

Today I turned on the Today Show and caught a segment on Galveston, TX hurricane relief! I couldn't believe it! I'm so pumped to go and help out :)

No comments: