Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Dry Erase Crayons!

The last week has just FLOWN by! It's amazing when you have a schedule and routine down how the days just zoom right past. All in all, we've been good. BUSY, yes.....but good all the same. Two weeks ago, I decided that as much as I try to fight it, I have a teacher in me. I LOVE my bulletin boards, watercolor paints, lesson plans (the things I used to not like the most!), and activities to fill up a day. I love having a plan....a plan that incorporates learning and exploring.

So, two weeks ago, I started a very loose lesson plan for my day....not in the sense that I'm a teacher, but I personally just need a plan. I needed structure and I needed something to get me up, excited for the day. In essence, I think I needed a purpose to being a stay-at-home mom.

The last two weeks have been figuring out a schedule, finding out what times are bad times to try and do activities and when are prime times, researching ideas of what you can do with a 20 month old that 1)aren't too messy but are still exploring  2)aren't way too over his head. It's been a challenge and a fun one at that.

SO, I really was just going to write about my newest find but I guess I gave you an update instead. :) We're finally into a very loose routine and it's been helping ME if nobody else :) But, as some behaviors are starting to diminish/decrease, I think it's been helping my kiddos as well :)

Before I ramble too much longer, one of the activities I found that we needed were quiet activities after breakfast. Thus, the dry erase crayon find!! I printed off some free coloring pages, put them in sheet protectors and was planning on getting dry erase markers since Tristen LOVES to clean and I thought he would like to color and then erase it (which, I found out, he loves!!) and we can reuse the coloring pages over and over! Spotting the dry erase crayons, I decided to give them a try. And, so far, I LOVE them! They are less messy than dry erase markers, don't have the smell, and don't have the caps that always fall off and are hard to find!

 

Coloring!
 
Erasing!
 
Umm, yeah, it was a big hit :) It's been so fun to see his personality come out more and more. This boy LOVES to clean, much like his father and uncle. Aubrey, on the other hand, loves to be social and kick her feet around. She's a smily one and SO adorable! I just love the 2-4 month age! I can't wait for her personality to come out even more :)
 
Off to continue on with our day!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm totally the same way. I feel like this last summer was a total waste of 3 months because we had no schedule and I didn't feel like I ever got anything accomplished! Now that we've started home preschool, I have a reason to get ready in the morning and get us all going for the day! :)

Nicole Suzanne Farley said...

What a great idea! I'm going to start copying your ideas now so I can have a stock pile when Will gets bit enough, so keep posting so I can steal them all! :)

Erika said...

Steal away!! I do it all the time!! :)