Wednesday, June 12, 2013

For my 500th post

A few days ago, I started writing an "inspirational 500th" post (I had like one sentence to it and couldn't come up with much more :) Ha!) so I just kept putting off my 500th post because I didn't have the time or energy to write something inspirational. Today, I decided to ditch the inspirational stuff and just write a post :)

Umm, I can't believe I've been blogging for this long. I can't believe how much has happened in 5 1/2 years! Back then I was an assistant preschool teacher, Aaron was a youth pastor, we were new homeowners and trying to train our very naughty puppy :)

If I could tell myself something back then, it would be to get ready for 5 years of change and the challenge to persevere through it all.

I would encourage myself to find my stability in God and not in my family, house, job, etc.

I would tell myself that living very simply is actually pretty fun and money sure doesn't buy happiness.

I would tell myself that I would learn how to cook (I hated cooking back then!).

I would shock myself by saying that my husband would go back to school to become a nurse....something that was absolutely NOT on the horizon or even a thought back then.

I would smile and tell myself that becoming a mother will be one of the greatest joys I will ever experience.

I'm so glad I didn't know all this back then, however, because it has made the surprises that much better. I am so grateful for the past 5 years and I hope to keep blogging in the coming years. Thank goodness I don't know what's in store.....makes the journey all that more exciting and makes me absolutely trust in God's leading.

Speaking of unknowns, we are currently still waiting to see what the next step in our journey will be. Aaron is job searching but we don't have any news to report. We'll keep ya'll updated :) GREAT news though is that his internship is in Mankato! Yay!! Meaning, after this week, he'll be home every night. Oh.my.goodness......we are excited to have Daddy home and enjoy some of the summer with us!

Because I haven't posted any pics of the kiddos in a LONG time, here are a few!! We FINALLY had some sunshine yesterday!
We go to the park daily when Aaron is gone and Tristen loves to play in the sand. Ahhhh, I love summer play :)