Saturday, August 30, 2014

Connor's Story

This little one is already 5 weeks old! Here's a little recap of his birth story...it's short and sweet (very unlike the pregnancy with him- I felt like I was pregnant for an entire year!)
 
I was due July 19th and really believed that THIS baby was finally going to be my early bird-or at least a few days early. Little did I know he would be my latest!! I had a Dr appointment on Wednesday, July 23rd-4 days after my due date. My doctor gave me the option of waiting a whole other week or getting induced the next day. My response was "I want this baby out! Tomorrow sounds great!"
 
So, bright and early on July 24th, I headed into the hospital for a scheduled induction....the only difference from the other 2 kids was that this time I was in the early stages of labor when I headed in (I was grateful my mom had come the night before just in case I went into labor on my own!)
 
I LOVE epidurals (how did I ever think I would go without an epidural!) but have always waited to get one until a few hours into labor. This time, at 9:30 am I thought, "I might as well just get it earlier than later since I know I want it." And oh am I glad I did! Got the epidural at 10, fell asleep watching TV and then woke up to strong contractions at noon. I woke up and the nurse said, "Oh my. I need to call the doctor because you're ready to have this baby!" The doctor got there a bit later and Connor entered the world at 12:31!
 
A few hours later, the kids came to visit! It is SOOO fun to see Tristen especially with this baby. Just today he said, "Mom, I REALLY like my brother. He's so cute." Since he's older, he actually gets it this time....it's been fun :)
 
Aubrey has been adorable as well but we have to constantly watch every movement she makes around the baby. She likes to mother and kiss him constantly-and sometimes those kisses are a bit much for Connor :)

 
We loved the first few hours with this little guy! He looks JUST like Aaron! I had forgotten how small babies come...the first day I was so in awe of how tiny his feet were :)


Getting ready to head home!!
 
So, that's his birth story. Everything went great and I was so glad he finally got here!
 
The recovery for me has been pretty brutal though. I have not taken it easy this time and have been sick with flu symptoms quite a few times over the course of 5 weeks. *sigh* So, my advice to new moms-take it easy like the doctor says-especially the part about not lifting! I think I overdid it by moving way too many boxes...Ouch. Hoping I feel completely better soon.
 
Next up: How we came up with his name! We've never been so back and forth with a name before and because of that, I'm still getting used to calling him Connor because we went through so many names before deciding!

No comments: