Thursday, March 5, 2015

PIcture to Chalkboard Calendar

I've always been a frugal gal but it intensified after I got married. Our first year of marriage was VERY tight financially....and it's so fun to look back on that year fondly :) We were gifted many jars of salsa and for a while that's all I ate for supper because it saved money! Ha! It really took my frugality to the next level.

Even though my husband has a good job as an RN now, our next "adventure" is completely paying off student debt....we paid off our debt from our first college experience (Yay Northwestern!) but now it's the stuff we had to borrow to go to school the 2nd time around. I want to go back to my frugal self again so we can pay those student loans off as fast as possible.

My house needs some decorating though, sooooo, decorating on a budget?....requires a little creativity and a whole lots of hours on Pinterest :)
I wanted to do a chalkboard calendar because we're always asking each other what we have going on and needed a calendar up! I found this awesome picture for $2 at a thrift store.

The picture and gold frame weren't really my style so I made it into this....
All for right around $3.50 if you count the amount of chalkboard paint I had to use...and I have more paint for another project. I painted chalkboard paint right over the glass surface and then I sanded the frame, painted it, and then sanded it again to give it a roughed up look. Yay for being frugal...but still having a decorated house :) And, yay, for Pinterest....I mean, seriously, it is giving me so many ideas of how to DIY right now!

Now onto the next frugal project! And paying off student debt fast!


No comments: