Tuesday, March 3, 2009

20 more minutes!

20 more minutes and my husband will be home! I debated writing today because I know two days without my husband is nothing and one day without my dog is nothing, but when they're both gone the same day, it gets pretty lonely around here! Aaron left early yesterday morning for a district conference in Des Moines and early this morning, I took my dog to the vet to get spade :(

I felt like a horrible "dog parent" as I took my dog into the vet. The hair on her back stood straight up, a sign she was terrified. I had to pretty much drag her to a cage where the other dogs in the room barked and barked and barked some more. When I put her in the cage, I looked down at her and she looked up at me with her sad puppy dog eyes probably thinking "What are you doing to me?" I almost started crying...what a wimp I am! But, hey, she is pretty much my "practice child" so now I know what I'll be like when I have kids and have to leave them somewhere. *sigh* Well, that's my life lately....not too exciting! :)

1 comment:

Amber said...

I know how you feel! You are such a good "dog" parent! :) She'll be running around in no time!