Tuesday, March 2, 2010

AFI's 10 Greatest Movies

A few years ago, the American Film Institute decided which movies were the top ten movies of all time. I decided I wanted to watch the ten "greatest movies of all time" just for the fun of it (and, I made a bucket list and it's on it). Here are the movies and asterisks by the ones I've seen so far:

1) CITIZEN KANE*
2) CASABLANCA
3) THE GODFATHER
4) GONE WITH THE WIND*
5) LAWRENCE OF ARABIA
6) THE WIZARD OF OZ*
7) THE GRADUATE
8) ON THE WATERFRONT*
9) SCHINDLER'S LIST
10) SINGIN' IN THE RAIN*

Next on the list: Schindler's List....yikes! I've always wanted to watch this movie but I never had the guts to make myself go through the intense emotional experience it will bring!! Wish me luck! By the way, I've noticed that all my new favorite movies are coming out of the 1950's :)

4 comments:

Heidi Church said...

Ok, so I just found your blog via FB. Way cool, Erika!! I will love trying to keep up with how things are going. I really miss you and Aaron!! I can't believe that I didn't make the move to see you before you left. I'M TONS SORRY ABOUT THAT! But know that I still love you both and am glad to hear that you are getting settled!!

In His Grip,
Heidi Church

Erika said...

Oh Heidi! I miss you!!! You must come visit us in Mankato (skiing youth trip sometime!! You can have free lodging!) or we'll most definitely have to see you when we visit Iowa again!! Hope you're doing well!! :)

Anonymous said...

I've been wanting to watch Schindler's List but am too afraid. Do you want to watch it together and cry together??

(Amber)

Erika said...

Yes! Let's do that!! I'm the same way....it's a movie I've always wanted to watch but just never had the motivation to do it. I keep forgetting to send off my Netflix so it won't be here for a couple more days...maybe I'll build up the emotional strength by then :)