Sunday, March 20, 2011

Hobby Spurts

Does anyone else go in hobby spurts? One week you go hardcore working on something and then the next week you abandon the project to work on a different hobby? Two weeks ago I worked on my wedding scrapbook during Tristen's naps. Last week I couldn't get my nose out of the books! Parenting books, my book club book, a new Francine Rivers novel....goodness I couldn't stop reading and stayed up way too late at night finishing them off!

So what's my hobby spurt this week? I have GOT to finish that wedding scrapbook....I'm 5 pages away but I can't seem to get the motivation to finish it. Come on, Erika, get 'er done! You may ask why I put myself through the pain of scrapbooking (and being 5 years behind and trying to catch up!)....I asked myself the same question 2 weeks ago and came up with my answer. Scrapbooking is my way of telling stories. I realized that it's my way of writing a book. I've told the story of my college years, my engagement period, my vacations, and now my wedding day. Even though it takes time to "write these stories", in the end it's so worth it to have it in a book and be able to share with others.

So, here's to pulling out the scrapbooking supplies for a few more days (and not minding the liitle mess it brings with it!) while I finish this beast of a project :) Happy Second Day of Spring!

5 comments:

Mandy said...

I always have hobby spurts! I usually go back and forth between quilting and reading. Occasionally there are other things. My spurts are usually month long obsessions so I really am missing a hobby when I get back to it.
Finish that wedding scrapbook girly! You are almost there!

Anonymous said...

Out of curiosity, what is the name of the Francine River's novel? Would you recommend it then? I'm always looking for a good new book! I spent a while in the library today and only found a few that looked decent. Good luck with the scrapbooking! I really admire people who have that skill. :)

Bethany

Erika said...

It's called "A Mother's Hope" and YES I would recommend it! (It's a two part saga and the second one is called "A Daughter's Dream"...I'm going to read that one soon!) I love Francine Rivers! Have you read the Mark of the Lion series, Bethany? If you haven't I would highly recommend them as well (3 book series from Francine Rivers) Happy reading!

Jen said...

I LOVE Francine Rivers - my absolute favorite author. Erika, I'm actually in the middle of "Her Mother's Hope" as well, very good (and addicting!). I also would highly recommend the Mark of the Lion series - my favorite of Francine Rivers' books!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the advice! I haven't read The Mark of the Lion series, but I will definitely read that one next! I'm currently finishing up Jane Eyre, and then on to something new! :)
Bethany