Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Light at the End of the Tunnel

I'm starting to feel a little cooped up in Mankato. I haven't been anywhere since October....partly due to me being pregnant, partly due to Tristen being born and thus being so little, and partly because the weather has been so snowy and frigid. I cannot wait to travel this weekend!

I feel like March is the light at the end of the tunnel in a lot of ways.
-The weather. Honestly, 30's is looking like the light at the end of the tunnel after the cold winter!
-Aaron's job. A few days after I quit my job and stayed home with Tristen, Aaron's hours at work got cut dramatically because of the slow time of year. And by dramatically, I mean he hardly got to work...a few hours a month. The tunnel of near unemployment seemed to never end but he finally got a different job and is starting within a week! Light at the end of the tunnel.
-Nursing Program Wait. The wait is almost over as we find out in a few weeks if Aaron is in the program or not.

In other news, our highlight of the week has been Tristen's new stage in life! He loves to "talk" now....high pitched sounds and all out smiles :) We love running in his room in the morning because he is just laying there smiling and cooing and then he gives us a huge smile when he sees us :) He is WAY too fun....I'm SO enjoying this little boy and I can't stop laughing at him as he finds his voice :)

Well, that's us and our weekly update :)

3 comments:

Sarah Helfinstine said...

Baby sounds are so fun! Abby's been a squeaker since birth (TOO funny, especially during church or as we're going to bed) and has just started gracing us with 'real' smiles.
Congrats to Aaron on starting a new job soon, and hope the wait goes quickly as you find out about nursing school.

Erika said...

Thanks, Sarah! So fun that Abby is smiling and "talking" as well! Isn't it precious? My favorite sound is the gurgle :)

Michelle said...

God always seems to throw a curve ball at us at those difficult times! That's exactly what we went through -- after I quit working at the daycare we found out that Ethan wouldn't be coaching anymore, and we'd been counting on that money in order for me to stay home. But God definitely provides and takes care of us no matter what the situation! Praying for you guys! You should put up a video of Tristen's new noises! Keagan LOVES watching videos of babies! :)