Sunday, May 22, 2011

Let Me Tell You About Yesterday

Ever have one of those days? The days that you can't stop laughing at and when another calamity happens, you just chuckle and say, "Okay, what ELSE is this day going to hold?"

Well, that was my yesterday. I tried to remember every single detail so I could tell you in all hilarity about my CRAZY day! So, I hope you get a good laugh out of it :)

8:30AM~ Aaron and I woke and realized that we had accidentally slept in. Aaron was in a wedding yesterday so we had a full day and every second counted. Showering, feeding Tristen, and plugging in my hot curlers were my main priority so I did those first (I knew I wouldn't have time to do my hair, so I opted for hot curlers so I could do it on the way.) As we quickly got ready, we looked outside. It was downpouring!

As we ran out to the car to start our journey to the wedding, we were an utter mess. I had my hair in curlers so I could fix it on the way, Aaron was coughing up a storm, and we heard sneezes and coughs coming from Tristen's little nose and mouth. Drenched from the rain, we hopped in the car and looked at our GPS. We would get to the church just in time for lunch. *Whew* That was a close one. It would be smooth sailing from here. Or so I thought.

11:00AM~ Traveling along a country road, Aaron and I were talking about the day when all of a sudden....POP! Our car wiggled and jiggled as Aaron slowly braked it to a stop. Surveying what had just happened, Aaron discovered that our tire had popped and was very flat. Oh, did I mention it was still raining!?! Rolling up the sleeves of his tux, he changed it and we headed to Walmart to get it fixed. Pictures were at 1:00 so thankfully we still had time. We arrived at the church at 12:50 and I headed to Subway to get us something to eat since we had missed lunch with the rest of the wedding party. Getting stuck at a red light that didn't work, trying to feed Tristen in the car, and eating our sandwiches as quickly as possible were small things that just added to a crazy day.
Soon it was time for the wedding. The bride and groom looked great and the wedding was beautiful. Tristen was sleeping soundly in my arms so I breathed a sigh of relief as the wedding started.Oh, and the sun came out for the wedding and it was a beautiful day. :) Until....

Aaron went in the limo with the rest of the wedding party so I was on my own to get to the reception. Because we were in a hurry, we forgot to grab the map to the reception but I assumed my GPS would show the Golf Course I needed to get to. A man told me directions but I half listened because I was going to rely on my GPS. I thought I heard "Westwind Golf Course" but he had said "Wedgewood". Can I just say that I despise GPS's?

My GPS didn't show a golf course within 20 miles and I knew it was closer than that. Remembering vaguely what the man had told me, I set out and thought I would just "see" it. An hour later, I finally "saw it" after I called my mother-in-law to look up clues to where the reception was in past e-mails we had from the groom.

*Whew* Another calamity and by this time, I was all out laughing about it. Getting to the reception, I quickly found my table and then headed back out to the car to feed Tristen. 3 events happened within 10 minutes of each other: My dress strap snapped, Tristen spit up all over, and I dropped their present(and yes, it was fragile! Ah!)!! I could not believe it!! Laughing even harder (because it was all I could do by now!), I headed back in, looked at Aaron at the head table and gave him the look of "You're never going to believe what just happened!"

Soon the reception was over, the goodbyes were said, and we were headed home. Aaron still had a cough, and Tristen's first cold was getting worse, but we had made it through the day. And it was a GREAT day.

Was the craziness of this day over then? Well, not QUITE. :) 10 minutes from Mankato, we noticed that we were a little low on gas. Our car is one of those that doesn't give you much warning until you're sitting alongside of the road without gas. Forgetting about it, we were two blocks from our house when our "Low gas" light came on! Oops! Thankfully we made it home. *Whew*

Finally, we were home and Tristen was in bed sleeping. Checking on him and his cold, I noticed "THE" smell of a blowout. I decided to change his diaper quickly but when I picked him up, I noticed that he had rolled around and it was EVERYWHERE!! Changing his entire bedding, we put him back down and saw the clock finally click to 12:00. May 21, 2011, I will never forget you. :)

But, Congrats to Jordan and Rachel :) You two were worth it :)

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Wow Erika! That is pretty impressive! I'm glad you can laugh about it and it sure is a great story to tell! Ah, at least it's over!

Nicole Suzanne Farley said...

WOW! That's hardcore! Way to keep smiling. :)

Michelle said...

Oh dear! What a day for you guys! Now you can always look back and laugh at that day! :)