Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Roses and Thorns

After every big youth trip, Aaron would debrief with our students by playing the game "Roses and Thorns". They were to tell one good thing (rose) about their trip and one thing they didn't particularly enjoy about the trip (thorn). I haven't blogged for a while so here is my "Rose and Thorn" list from the last few.....weeks?
ROSE:
Both sets of great-grandparents meeting Tristen for the first time
(Above: Four generations on my dad's side
Below: Four generations on my mom's side)

THORN:
My grandpa was in the hospital two weeks ago
ROSE:
Getting to see my grandpa in the hospital as well as other family members who visited him.
THORN:
My phone fell to pieces one day...all I was doing was talking along and it just snapped!
ROSE:
Getting a free new phone that ISN'T a touch screen...I despise touch screens after having one for two years!

ROSE:
Seeing my brother in concert in downtown Minneapolis! So great...
ROSE:
Pulling an all-nighter to watch the Royal Wedding....HA!
THORN:
Falling asleep during one of the songs sung at the Royal Wedding....that boys choir put me right to sleep!
ROSE:
The Royal Wedding replayed at 1:00pm so I watched what I missed :) Admit it, you're jealous....or think I'm crazy :)

ROSE:
Celebrating my first official Mother's Day....I so love my little boy!

ROSE:
Getting used to eating healthier. The other day I actually craved broccoli and I'm starting to feel a difference in my energy level.
THORN:
The scale just isn't budging even though I'm eating healthier and exercising. I know these things take time, but I want to lose the weight now! I know, I know, patience and self-control.
ROSE:
Going to the beach for the first time with Tristen. Even though he slept pretty much the whole time and was in the shade, it was still fun!

ROSE:
It's about to storm outside. Yea! I love a good 'ole thunderstorm!

Okay, I think that's a good enough Rose and Thorn list! Hope you enjoyed :)

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm with you on the weight thing...I wish it would happen faster! It's especially annoying when your scale at home tells you one thing and the dr. office tells you another thing and the number is BIGGER than what you've been seeing at home. :( haha!

Love all the pictures of Tristen, keep 'em coming! He is seriously so adorable and I can't WAIT to meet him this fall!

Rachel Farley said...

What a great idea Erika! I heard someone say that they did this every night with their kids at the dinner table. They would share the best & worst parts of their days. Thought it was a really good idea. Thanks for sharing!

You are rockin' motherhood by the way!

Oh, and scales are dumb. Don't listen to them. Listen you Jesus and husbands. They are smart :)

Broccoli sounds good now that you mention it! I just might have to steam some up.

Love you friend!

Erika said...

Ooo, Rachel, I like the idea of sharing good and bad things about your day at the dinner table :) We just might have to do that!

And, yes, scales are dumb :)

Enjoy your broccoli!

Michelle, can't wait to have Tristen and Levi meet! :)