Thursday, June 9, 2011

First Taste

Yummy!

We started introducing solids this week and contrary to what I was thinking it would be like, it was SO much fun! I was really dreading it and putting it off for as long as possible but Tristen started fussing more and more at night so I decided to give it a try. And, he's been LOVING it! Yay!

In other news, lately I've been thinking of how much I don't like having a blog right now. I'm not going to give it up but I've been trying to pinpoint why it seems like a chore to write ANYTHING these days. I then remembered that writing anything during the day is pretty much not going to happen since Tristen is becoming increasingly more mobile and by the time bedtime comes around, my mind just doesn't want to think hard enough to write something serious or even somewhat clever. So, I revert back to bubbly, non-serious posts about the fun things we do. Probably sometimes looks like all we do is have fun around here, eh?

Well, be rest assured that we are just like the rest of you (unless you are perfectly organized and disciplined and never fail) :) I don't have everything together, have repeatedly promised to be more disciplined in areas (exercising, devos, eating healthy, cleaner house, etc.) and have failed multiple times, my laundry from 3 days ago is STILL not done and the things that are folded are STILL not put away (why is it so hard to put away laundry....it should be the easiest task!), and we are SO looking forward to a small vacation next week to get out of the house and do something "different" than the mundane tasks at home.

Oh, and don't get me started on how often I've done my hair and put on makeup in the last few weeks. :)

There, that's a halfway serious post, right? *Whew* Okay, now onto tackle that laundry....typing it out just motivated me to get into gear :)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I agree with the laundry! I actually love doing laundry -- the washing and drying part -- because the little baby clothes are so fun. However, the folding and putting away seems to never get done until the next time I do laundry, because I need the basket that all the clothes are piled in, haha!

Erika said...

Ha! That's exactly what I do! When I need the basket THEN I get to putting the clothes away. BUT, I just finished up the laundry and hard core cleaning so now I can do something fun today during Tristen's second nap...hmmm, what to do, what to do...