Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Weekends

I LOVE the weekends.....you would think I had a job or something that I am always looking forward to the weekends but I love the weekends for a very different reason. I love seeing people....and as much as I love being a stay-at-home mom, sometimes you just need adult interaction and a break from the same old, same old routine. Thus, I love the weekends because usually I see someone, even if it's just spending more time with the hubby :)

This past weekend was no different but this time two very special guests came to visit Mankato. If you were reading between the lines in previous posts, you would have read that our trip to Ames in August was actually a plan to get my brother-in-law together with my friend, Sarah. They live near each other and kept running into each other so we just helped things along. Our trip was successful and they started dating soon after :) So, this past weekend, Nate brought his "girlfriend" home to hang out....ever since they started dating, people have asked them to put pictures up on facebook so I grabbed my camera and shot a few for their facebook profiles. Here are some fun ones:
Umm, yeah, they're ADORABLE :) What a fun twist in life :)

The next few weekends are just plain fun with baby showers to go to, visiting our old church in Cherokee, and Thanksgiving....spending time with family and seeing my brother and sister-in-law before their baby girl arrives in December :)

And, in other news....I've been quite busy lately running after the little man. One day, he just started climbing up the stairs....we had no idea he knew how to do that until we saw him on the third step and he LOVES to climb up anything and everything now! Still not walking...just a few steps (more like lunges!) here and there but I'm not expecting anything until after his first birthday....I think I walked at 13 months? But, goodness, this climbing thing is quite hilarious to watch but now I see how moms need eyes in the back of their heads! He's just too fast for me sometimes!

That's our week so far! Happy Wednesday, all :)

2 comments:

Nicole Suzanne Farley said...

YAY! So much fun, and LOVE the couple pics! Still can't WAIT to hang out. :)

Michelle said...

Awww they ARE adorable together! :) Tristen is almost walking?!?! How do they grow up so fast!!!