Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Past Week

6 more weeks......and the projects are getting done!! I looked at my calendar for the next 6 weeks and it's going to be busy....ridiculously FUN busy but busy!! I seriously need to stop looking at projects because I want to do every project in the book!! One of my next projects is a quiet book for Tristen to look at during church but as I was looking at templates, I saw travel games, felt food templates, a toddler backpack, and so on and so forth! That's not to mention the projects I want to do for Baby Girl!! One project at a time, I need to tell myself but when you have unused fabric just screaming to be made into something, it's hard to resist. :)

Today I made a bucket hat for Tristen. This is actually the third summer hat I've made him (in the last 3 days!) but the other two were just not what I was thinking and ended up getting torn apart....a little too girly and floppy but then I came across the bucket hat idea. Giving it one more shot, I did a play denim hat today and I'm attempting a nice khaki with orange plaid tomorrow for his nice bucket hat. And, the total cost for both hats?? Umm....next to nothing since they are out of old jeans, khaki's and free fabric I was given by someone getting rid of their scraps! Yay for being thrifty :)

Ha! He likes it :) 

Saturday had me traveling down to Iowa to see a good friend from high school as she prepares to get married in a few short weeks!! I'm so glad I got to see her at her bridal shower and I really AM staying put in Mankato from now on :) Doctor's orders :)

 Mother's Day!! Tristen, you're so thoughtful to get your mama some flowers! :)

We got to see both mothers on Mother's Day! 



And, this picture is just thrown in here because this is what happened when Tristen didn't get any naps on Monday due to a day on the lake :) He is hilariously hyper when he doesn't get sleep and food was everywhere by the time he was finished eating! He's usually such a tidy little man so this was a Kodak moment :)

No comments: