Monday, December 10, 2012

Oh, Storage

Oh, storage spaces. I can never have enough of them. I'm part pack-rat/part sentimental-girl-who-wants-to-remember-everything and I really hate deleting e-mails, old blog posts, and getting rid of old notes because they hold sentimental value. While I have liked to live simpler recently and have started downsizing/deleted things, it's still hard for me.

Which is why it was incredibly hard for me to see this message the last time I tried to blog:

"You have exceeded your picture storage space."

Directing me to a different site, they instructed me that I could buy extra storage space. At first, I thought that it was the end of my blogging because I love posting pictures of things and not JUST writing and just couldn't imagine not posting any more pictures. Then I thought of deleting old posts but that thought was SO sad to me. I don't want to buy extra storage because I'm not an avid blogger like I used to be and I don't see the need to pay to maintain this thing.

I know there are ways to continue blogging (opening up another account to publish from, posting from another site, etc.) but at this exact  moment in life (3 family birthdays in the next 2 weeks including my son's 2nd birthday!), Christmas, and just not having the mental capacity to figure this thing out, I am just throwing it out there that I don't know when you'll hear from me. Could be next week, could be much later. Who knows!!

Thanks for reading about our life though and I look forward to blogging sometime again....just not sure when!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had the same issue. Create a photobucket account. Upload pictures into there. Copy the link for each photo and upload to blogger via link (in the picture tab). It doesn't use storage and is super easy to use!

jenny said...

That's so weird. I've never seen a notice like that and I've been blogging for 5+ years. And I post a lot of pictures. I'm wondering if you can do something to right this??

Erika said...

I know! It's SOOOO strange....I've tried a few times and then I googled it and found it on other people's blogs as well! SO weird! It's like a hit and miss thing with blogs....maybe I'll have time after Christmas to figure it out?

Thanks for the info, Anonymous! When I have a spare minute to figure it out, I will try that!

Adventures with Claire, Jason, and Jonas!! said...

Yes! I have had this same problem for weeks now and I can't figure it out! One source says I am only using 34% and another says I am at 99%! Argh!!