Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Boxes, Boxes!

I'm doing so much better since I last wrote! I can lift Connor but can't lift the other 2 for a few more weeks still. This has forced us to transition Aubrey to a toddler bed (well, more like her mattress is on the floor since we're in the middle of moving!!). That girl LOVES her newfound freedom! Ahh! :) I guess we needed to transition her sometime soon anyway but I was hoping to make all the big changes once we got to the new home (getting rid of the paci that she's obsessed with, potty training, and transitioning into a toddler bed) Today is the first day she's actually sleeping during naptime so that's improvement!

The kids have been awesome about being independent though. Tristen is not even 4 yet and has really "grown up" in the last 2 weeks and I so needed that! He can use the bathroom all by himself (which helped a ton since our bathroom is on the 2nd floor and the stairs were the hardest for me), get ready for the day, and he even got breakfast ready for his sister and himself one morning :) Now I know what he's capable of!

Something else that has been SO fun to see him do is start Awana Cubbies at our church! He learned his first Bible verse which was pretty stinkin' cute! (even when he started shouting it and saying it over and over and over and over! Ha!) :) I'm so proud of him!
 
This weekend we put the majority of our possessions in boxes and moved them to the front of our house. Even though I'm so excited about moving into our new home in 2 weeks, there's still a bit of sadness about this place we've called home for 4 1/2 years. There are so many memories from this house and I want to cherish the last 2 weeks here...and not get too stressed about all the details that need to be worked out in the next 2 weeks :)

 
Thanks for reading, all!

No comments: