Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Moving Day

We close on both our houses tomorrow!!! YAY!!!! The sellers of the house we bought graciously let us move in 4 days early so we moved the majority of our things on Saturday. It was SO great seeing our things again and letting the kids play with their long lost toys they haven't seen for at least a few weeks (and many they hadn't seen since we put our house on the market!) I think we can just skip Christmas this year since everything is new to them again ;)

A "first glimpse" of our new home in the country!

Getting the U-Haul all packed up

Some of our help on Saturday!! THANK YOU to everyone who helped us on Saturday and Sunday!

Aaron worked an overnight on Friday night and went straight to packing up the truck on Saturday morning instead of sleeping. He was EXHAUSTED by 6:00pm on Saturday night so he crashed with the kids (who didn't have naps and were pretty tired!)
 
My parents and I took Connor and grabbed a few more things from our old house and as I drove up to our new house, I looked out and saw this sunset and savored the moment! We had just come from a very loud, downtown house and when I pulled up, all I could hear was a gentle breeze outside. After everyone had left, all I did was sit in silence and soak up the quietness....some people are just made to live in the country and my husband and I are those people :)
 
More to come later! I'm trying to decide what needs to be unpacked next!

2 comments:

AmberNDahl said...

I love seeing the pictures of moving in and your new place! How different from the last one - so quiet and peaceful and spacious! :) Enjoy unpacking and getting settled in. Can't wait to stop by and see you guys. Maybe we could stop on our way home from Iowa over Thanksgiving either Saturday or Sunday if you are around.

Erika said...

It's been such a great change :) The stress level in our house has gone down since moving! :) We'll be around thanksgiving weekend!! Would LOVE to see you if it worked out!!