Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Let the Projects Begin

I'm not joking that I'm an idea person....my bedroom at the moment is a prime example. Last week I had 7 projects all lined up and my head was spinning with the ideas....and then 8:00 hits and I'm exhausted and just want to sleep! And guess what my room still has? Yep, most of the projects still lined up....unfinished. I've found this is true of many idea people....we start projects but have a harder time finishing them.

Having people move in with us kicked me into high gear though so here are a few of the things that have occupied my time as of late:
Ignore my couch cushions that look funky due to the quality of my camera phone. A relative was getting rid of these shutters a few years back and I snatched these babies up! Anything free that is interesting and unique is my style. They used to look like this:
Fun to have bright colors, but we decided to go a little classier in this house. I repainted them black and white last week and it was a huge job....but loving the new fresh style in this house.

Again, another phone camera picture. It's so easy to pull out that phone and take a picture!! I really needed a lamp for Connor's room but didn't want to spend the money on a cool looking one. This picture doesn't do it justice, but I bought a cheap lamp and hot glued/mod-podged twine around it. It took a while but I am loving the result. It's making his vintage travel room come together...

And then, the start of Tristen's vintage superhero themed room. It's a start...my newest idea is to put faux brick panels on the walls to really make it look vintage! See? SOOOO many ideas! My head needs to stop thinking of new projects!

Today we had our first CRAZY thing happen in our new home...and with our new house guests (bless their hearts, they are so laid back and okay with things!) We woke up to BLACK water...yep...something happened to our water softener and by the end of the day, it was actually black....I've NEVER seen water do that!! Hopefully by tomorrow it will be fixed...but in the meantime, we're all trying to have a good attitude. What an adventure :)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

You're so creative! Love the lamp!!