Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Skirt

Last Christmas when I received a sewing machine as a gift, I was determined to learn how to sew. The hard part was, I had no idea how to turn on the machine and didn't have a CLUE where to start on a project. So, I left it in the closet in the hopes I would learn someday. Well, that day came! Last weekend, my mom taught me how to turn it on and thread it but we didn't have time to make anything. This weekend, I decided that I was finally going to go for it so with my mother-in-law's help, I sewed my first skirt! Here's the finished product. I have to admit: sewing is pretty addicting and I just may have found a new hobby for winter :)

4 comments:

Michelle said...

So cute!!! I wish I knew how to sew, I'm sure it would come in handy quite often! :) LOVE the new layout too!

Amber said...

By the way, love your new layout! Very, very cute!

Amber said...

I love your skirt! You are so talented, Erika...did you know my mom used to sew all our clothes growing up? You must've inherited her genes instead of me! :)

{LKK} said...

Oh, Erika. You are a creative. The blog looks lovely with your new color scheme and photograph. Yay.

AND, you have accomplished a feat. Sewing a beautiful skirt!

Mabye over Christmas I'll do some sewing too...mine's in the closet right now...

:(