Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Valentine Surprise

Friday felt like any other normal day. I woke up, went to work, cleaned my office, talked to my coworkers, and tried to get as much work done as possible. However, at 3:30, my day turned into a wonderfully relaxing, fun-filled Valentine's getaway with my husband. Aaron and I packed our bags and traveled to Storm Lake to stay at the King's Pointe Resort (a resort right by the lake!) Those of you who don't live around here don't know that this is a new hotel and has an indoor and an outdoor waterpark (obviously the indoor one was the only one open! Ha!)! We got to our lakeside room and went right to the waterpark! King's Pointe!

The view from our room...I want to go back in the summer and see it!

The waterpark that we spent alot of time at!

After swimming, we got dressed up and went to a really nice restaurant for our Valentine's dinner. The food was DELICIOUS and it was candelit!

Obviously, we don't celebrate like this every year (in fact, this is the first year we've done something like this!) however, it was so relaxing and fun just to get away for a day! Thank you to my wonderful husband for such a great getaway! Oh yeah, and our celebration didn't end there! When we got home yesterday, we ordered a Casey's Pizza (a big Iowa thing!) and watched an old Bob Hope movie! A getaway AND a relaxing night at home :) We hope you all had a fantastic Valentine's Day celebration as well!! :) Happy Valentine's Day!

3 comments:

Cassie said...

What a fun surprise! I guess you should probably keep Aaron around, huh? :)

Mrs. Farley said...

Husbands are the best! Looks like you guys had a blast.

{LKK} said...

what a hubby.... :)