Thursday, February 5, 2009

Tonsils

Well, it had been about 2-3 years since my last case of tonsillitis so I knew it was about time for another round :) I thought my throat was just really sore from practicing a song I sang at church on Sunday. However, when Sunday came and went and my throat was getting worse, I knew something was up. Tuesday was the worst when I couldn't even swallow a small bite of my pancake at school. I went to the doctor and found out I had tonsillitis. One thing I found out through this whole experience is: I talk WAY too much. I think if only I would have kept my mouth closed, my throat would be perfect by now. Today I finally had to force myself quiet while my preschoolers were playing. I sat and played with playdough with a group of kids...very therapeutic really :) Haha! I feel like life has been blah in the last few weeks but I'm not going to let that stop me from blogging, so I'm going to scrounge up a few random things that have happened lately:

*I felt the power of a parent on Wednesday when two junior highers asked me to write notes to get them out of practice so they can come on our retreat tomorrow. I have the power to get kids out of things? haha...I like being a "parent"!

*I've been sick for the last two weekends in a row. First time: I ate ice cream without taking my lactose intolerant pills. What was I thinking? I was SOOO sick. Second time: Well, the tonsillitis

*Because I've been sick, I've been terribly obsessed with tv lately (Biggest Loser, LOST, any reality show-why do they have to be so addicting?)....I'm REALLY working on finding other things to do with my time

*I turned down a subbing job for tomorrow....which I usually never do....and feel really bad now even though I have so much to do tomorrow before our retreat. Why can't I just say "no" and be done with it??

*Really, it's been a pretty uneventful few days which is probably okay once in a while. My energy level has been down due to being sick. However, I'm looking forward to a retreat this weekend, a surprise Valentine's date next weekend planned by my romantic husband (I've decided I'm not even going to attempt to figure it out this time), and a Senior High retreat the following weekend. Well, off to packing for a weekend of fun with junior highers!!! :) I'm excited!

1 comment:

Amber said...

I hope you are feeling better soon! Miss your blogging!