Thursday, May 28, 2009

Highs & Lows

Oh yeah....I have a blog. I had nearly forgotten :) I've been meaning to write for a while but honestly have been too lazy because.....
I'M ON SUMMER BREAK!!!

I know, I know...It's not fair to all of you who still have to work when it's 90 degrees while I'm hanging out at the pool, getting a tan, enjoying the sunshine with youth group girls. :) Anyways, enough about that, I thought I would give a quick synopsis of the last few weeks. We've had some highs and some lows in our week.

Highs:
*Senior's Night Out with our graduating seniors!!
*Sleeping in!!
*Running every day at the beautiful park in town
*My flowers are beautiful!! I will post pictures as soon as some more blossom :)
*Being able to stay up late without having to get up early!

Lows:
*Saying goodbye to our seniors...it was more sad than I envisioned it would be
*Last youth group for the year
And now...to the most significant low that has been occupying our time:

Remember the "little water damage" that I blogged about? Well, unfortunately, we found out it isn't such a little problem. We have a tree root in our sewer line and because of the extent of it, we will need to rip up our front yard and install a new sewer line.

We just looked at each other with complete shock because we will need to completely remove our beautiful plants we planted last year, our yard will be a mess until grass grows again and, of course, the money issue involved in fixing it. As any couple would be, we were sooooo discouraged. However, a few days later, I had this overwhelming calm feeling about the whole thing. I kept thinking "It's only material things...It can be replaced."

So, as we go into the process of watching our front yard be destroyed, I pray that I would remember how trivial of a thing it really is and how in the long run, it won't matter :)

There you have it.....the post I should have written a week ago! :)

2 comments:

{LKK} said...

a wonderful post. It was so good to hear some highs of the last bit! I didn't know you were tanning and running! Yes, I feel a pang of jealous...hehe.

Erika said...

Don't be TOO jealous...I "forgot" to mention it has only been 90 degrees 3 days during my summer break!!! Ahhhh!!! It's finally warm today!! Woo hoo!!