Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sadie to the Rescue!!!!

A big shout out to my courageous dog for saving our basement from major flooding action!!! She truly rescued our carpet today!! I was sitting at the desk in our basement and was just about to hang up picture frames to decorate when I decided I missed my dog. I ran upstairs and enthusiastically said, "Sadie, you wanna go downstairs??" Wagging her tail, she ran down the stairs as fast as her little Basset Hound legs could go and instantly started sniffing the frames I was about to hang up.

Suddenly, however, her nose shifted to another scent. I ignored her for a while until I heard her licking our carpet! I looked over to see her licking and sniffing a gigantic puddle of water on our nice new carpet! I, of course, freaked out and ran to our laundry room where the main drain is. Completely flooded. Ahhhhh!! I think about a 1/4 of our basement had water on the floor so I ran up to get Aaron. We spent the next few hours trying to clean it up...the fans are still going but we don't think anything is ruined!!

BUT, the moral of this post is to say that Sadie definitely saved the day because the water wasn't visible right away and I'm sure I wouldn't have noticed it that soon! A few hours later and the whole thing could have been flooded! Thank you, Sadie!

2 comments:

Adventures with Claire, Jason, and Jonas!! said...

Way to go Sadie! That was very fortunate that she was so observant:) Hope you guys are enjoying your plants even more these days...we need some rain up here, though!

Erika said...

That's crazy...we need some sunshine down here!! Yes, we are definitely enjoying the plants..I have a few more blooming right now that I'm going to post pics of soon!!