Thursday, May 14, 2009

Week of Goodbyes

Today was my last day of school and I said goodbye to 20 little adorable preschoolers that I have spent the last 8 months with. I'm not usually a crier so I was okay until I saw a parent shedding a tear and I choked up for a second.

I'll miss the little girl that told me, "I didn't know you had a friend!" or the little girl that said "If you don't brush your teeth at the right time you get bacteria!" I'll even miss the boy that for the last few weeks has been a behavior problem and could probably take me down if he wanted to (oh, did I mention he is only 4? Ha!)

I will miss them but today I said "goodbye". Another year is done, another chapter is written, and I will move on to summer adventures!

It wouldn't be so bad if I just had to say goodbye to my preschool students but the goodbye I'm not looking forward to is saying goodbye to our high school seniors that are graduating this Sunday. This is one of our first graduating classes in youth ministry and we have seen them grow so much over the last 2 years!

These 5 students are so special to us and we really can't imagine youth group without them! Sunday is going to be a sad day but I pray that we will still be an encouragement to them even though they will be far away at college! Well, I must go...I'm working on a graduation video for Sunday and should probably focus on that so I don't get the pictures mixed up! :)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Cherish those memories with the little preschoolers! I still remember the cute things kids said to me when I was working at place in the cities with kids with autism. :)

Nicole Suzanne Farley said...

Oh, I'm SO there with you! I got a present from a student today, and cried for half an hour looking at it! I'm glad someone else cries, I feel PATHETIC!