Friday, February 19, 2010

Brrrr...it must be Minnesota

Before I even say this, I want to preface it with I KNOW this has been a crazy winter and I KNOW that this winter has had way more snow than previous years and I KNOW that this is a bit abnormal....BUT...


Minnesota is WAY colder than Iowa!!!

What?? Did I really just say that? I laughed when people asked me why I was moving to MN because it's so much colder. In my mind, Iowa has always been the same temp as Minnesota. But, the day we moved was a prime example that Minnesota is in fact colder. That day the temp in Iowa was -1 and the temp in Mankato was......

-13


SO, to all of you who told me that Minnesota was colder, I agree with you now. I'm freezing and realizing that I need to invest in more sweaters, better boots, and a four-wheel drive car. Ahhh....then I will be a true Minnesotan :)

2 comments:

Adventures with Claire, Jason, and Jonas!! said...

Maybe- but IOWA is so much more windy...I feel like I am going to get blown over whenever we are at Jason's parents house...and this Christmas was madness...so which is worse...cold or wind?? Way to go on becoming a true Minnesotan though...we must embrace our identities!

Erika said...

I would absolutely agree with you!! Northwest Iowa is CRAZY windy...I already forgot about that :) Maybe next year I'll invest in a fireplace to take away the coldness! Now THAT would be perfect!