Tuesday, February 16, 2010

End of Story, Please?

Last night I was rereading a favorite book series of mine. As I was reading all the in-between details of the story that were crucial, I kept thinking, "I just want to remember the ending! It's a happy ending I remember....I want to read that!" Although I needed to read the intricate details to get to that final spot, I realized last night why I usually go for the ending of the book. I need resolution. I want peace and harmony. I want to know what's going to happen. I want answers.

Huh, sounds pretty familiar to the journey that Aaron and I are on. We're in the middle of this particular chapter and I want to get to the ending to hear that it all worked out. The answers came. Things were resolved.

Although I'm getting rather used to and fond of our new life of waiting and trusting, it's killing me just like it was killing me last night to read all the little details and not read the ending. However, just like any good story, it needs a little drama, questions, and things to be resolved to get to the ending. And, those waiting times and trusting times really are the times when the characters in the stories grow the most...

So, come along for the ride and be patient just as we have to be that this journey in our life WILL have an ending. But, I will try my hardest to not rush to the ending as I'm so known to do but instead slowly walk through the details, slowly walk through these times of waiting, enjoying them just as much as the ending so that when the time comes, the ending will be sweet and sooooo worth it :)

No comments: