Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fools Day

April Fools Day is the funniest day to be a preschool teacher. Kids aren't nasty with pranks yet but instead they are so sweet, innocent, and ridiculously funny :) Although I heard that I had "a bug on my head" all day today, I loved every second of it and laughed at every joke..... :) It was soooooo fun! :)

I don't have anything spectacular to say today except that I love God's surprises. Sometimes they are so hard to get through and require a great deal of trust but other times (like lately), they are sweet and tender moments at school where I'm falling in love with my job and my students are worming their way into my heart. I never expected to grow so fond of my job this quickly :) But, today as I ran around the playground hiding from "the monster" with my precious students, I smiled and thanked the Lord for the unexpected surprise of loving my job :) He truly did know what He was doing :)

So, although I didn't fall for any pranks today, I did have a surprise in life....an utter joy and complete peace that I'm right where God wants me....playing with and loving on precious children :) *sigh* April is going to be a good month :)

2 comments:

Nicole Suzanne Farley said...

ERIKA! I changed my blog template a while ago, and your blog was "lost" to me...but I re-found you, and am NOW CAUGHT UP! I'm SO excited to hear all about your great changes and dreams! I seriously can't wait to see how everything turns out, and will begin praying for a clear vision as you face tough decisions. :) On another note...I saw your comment on Rachel's blog (about moving in with her parents), and thought you should know that WE'RE ALSO moving in with my parents! Can we form a "basement dwellers" support group or something!? It feels a little backwards (we've also owned homes before...so to move back in with parents is confusing!), but saving money is NOT backwards. :) Much love!

Erika said...

Oh my goodness, Nicole!!! Seriously, that is way too funny and super encouraging (I thought I was alone!) And, we've had the same feelings like we're going backwards in the world but, like you said, saving money is NOT backwards and we feel so free right now in life! Owning a home will be fun someday but right now the financial freedom feels oh so great!