Wednesday, May 26, 2010

How We Told Our Families....

Aaron and I like to be creative so we tried to be creative when we announced our pregnancy! Here's a few pics with the stories of how we told our families:

My Parents:
This story starts 6 years ago when Aaron and I started dating! (Woah! Has it been that long?) I used to like the book "I Kissed Dating Goodbye" but when I started dating Aaron, my dad cleverly created a book cover and wrapped it up for Christmas that said, "I Kissed Dating Hello!" SO, I had planned this one for years...I made a book cover that said, "I Kissed Grandparenting Hello" with their picture on it. They were soooo surprised!!!! :)


Aaron's Parents
:
We had to be kind of creative with Aaron's parents because we live with them and wanted it to be special! We decided to take them out for coffee (which they LOVE) but once we got to the coffee shop, we said we brought our own mugs. As we sat down, we pulled out baby bottles that said, "Grandparenting Round Two" since they had JUST got an announcement two months prior from Aaron's sister :) Their faces said it all....two grandkids in two months time?


My Brother and Sister-in-Law
:
If you know my brother and sister-in-law, you know that they LOVE guitars. I was trying to think of something that would have a guitar on it and finally came across the saying "My aunt and uncle ROCK!" on some baby site. So, I made a onesie with a guitar and put the saying on it. Monica screamed and jumped up and down when she read it.....it was PRICELESS :)


Aaron's Brother
:
Nate is a clean, tidy guy. We love it when he comes home because he always leaves our house better than when he came. Since we wouldn't see him for a few weeks, we mailed him a pack of diaper bags with a card that said, "We're going to need your help pretty soon!" Although he thought he was getting a DVD in the mail and it turned out to be diaper bags, we think he liked our creativity :)

Aaron's Sister and Brother-in-Law:

Although this one may have been the cheesiest one, it was certainly fun to make!! Since Matt and Lindsay are having a baby a mere two months before us, I made a onesie that said, "Bee my cousin" with a bee on it....I know, super cheesie but hey, it was cute! :) I wish I could have seen their reaction because I heard it took them just a few minutes to completely figure out who would be their baby's cousin :) Ha :) But, after they found our card that said, "We're having a baby!" I don't think there was any confusion!


1 comment:

Michelle said...

That is so fun! I love when people are creative with their announcements -- nice work on doing something different for everyone!! We're so excited for you guys!