Thursday, May 20, 2010

The "Update to Come"

Since yesterday's big announcement was so hurried I thought I would give that "update to come" now! :) Just in case you're wondering the details of our pregnancy so far, here they are!

I wasn't sick a BIT for the first week that I found out! I assumed something was going to go wrong because I felt way too great to be pregnant! However, once week 6 hit, the morning sickness came but I've been able to endure through it and I have some GREAT stories of having to stop along side of the road to throw up as I'm headed to work! :) HA!

We got to see the baby and hear the heartbeat last week at our first appointment and it was incredible! I see now why people want to talk about their baby so much during pregnancy! It is such a miracle and I'm so excited to hear more about how he/she is growing!!

Ummm...what else would you want to know...I don't look pregnant at all but feel very pregnant :) I thought being so short would make me look huge at three months but I think I will be wrong :)

Ooohhh, one last thing is that we think it's hilarious that we're having a Christmas baby because we always said how we felt so bad for people who had birthdays around Christmas and that we were never going to do that to our kids...WELL...our baby will have a birthday around Christmas unless he/she comes really early or late but now I'm SOOOO excited for a December baby....just so he/she is healthy, I don't care what the date is :)

3 comments:

Michelle said...

My sickness started at 6 weeks too! I'm sorry you haven't been feeling good -- I remember missing SO much work because I could hardly even get out of bed. Hopefully once the second trimester hits, you'll be good to go! :) Isn't hearing the heartbeat SO amazing?!?!

Molly Vesperman said...

Erika! I am a Christmas Eve baby, and it is not that fun. BUT, I also don't know anything different. Maybe your little one will have my birthday! :) So excited for you guys! Much love!

{LKK} said...

Yay x 10!!! I'm going to be a proud Auntie. And I have to say, I love that photo! I couldn't be more excited. And neither could Matt. I'm excited for your belly to begin to grow by leaps and bounds! And I'm praying that the sickness stops at month four...at LEAST! :)

love you!