Friday, May 7, 2010

A Semester Gone

This semester is over. I'm not the one that went back to school but it still shocks me that a semester could go SO fast. So much has happened in these last four months and I have found it crucial to lean not on my own strength but on Christ alone.

I can't remember what it's like to own a house. I can't remember what it's like to not live by family. I can't remember what my stuff looks like and I really can't remember what I got for Christmas this year since it all went into storage! Now I can look at pictures of my old house without tears and finally don't have an urge to paint anything (I LOVE to paint which is hard when you don't have a house!)

God has been sooooo good to us! We had no idea if Aaron would like his classes but we took a leap of faith and took things step by step. Aaron did SO well in his classes this semester and absolutely loves all of his science classes. He can't wait to dig deeper and learn more about science and becoming a nurse.

God provided jobs for us and has just absolutely taken care of us this semester. I am still in awe at how He has brought things together in His perfect timing. We're still waiting for housing but we are in no rush as we just continually wait upon God. So, if you were wondering how this semester has been, it has been so good to wait upon the Lord. We are incredibly encouraged and can't wait to see what our future holds (Orphanage in Africa? Mission work? Youth work? Those are only a few things we'd like to do in the future)!

One semester gone.....hmmm, alot more to go :)

1 comment:

Rachel Farley said...

Sounds like an exciting life ahead!!