Thursday, July 22, 2010

Happy 4 Years!

It is our 4 year anniversary!! Can you believe it? I know I sure can't! Sometimes it feels like yesterday that we were getting married, stepping into the great unknown called marriage but in other ways, I can't remember what it's like to NOT be married. *sigh* The most unexpected and greatest surprise of marriage has been the friendship that we have formed over the last 4 years. Some beautiful love stories include the couple being best friends first and their friendship leading into a dating and marriage relationship.

Our story, however, was Aaron literally sweeping me off my feet, dating for less than a year before getting engaged, and being long distance for our entire engagement. We knew each other and loved each other but our deep friendship really started on this day 4 years ago. And I love having Aaron as my best friend, my confidant, and my companion. It has been a wonderful 4 years as we have been getting to know each other and sharing in life's joys and struggles. Marriage is a gift and I pray that I would not take my marriage for granted. I love you, Aaron :)
Some favorite moments of the day 4 years ago:
"Surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses"

Waking up to the PERFECT Summer day!

Sharing moments with my beautiful bridesmaids...they made my day extra special!

Adoring my little cousins who added spunk as they rang bells and declared "The bride is coming!" Now they are growing up and becoming beautiful young ladies :)

Having my cousin's daughter stand as my flower girl...again she is growing up before my eyes into a beautiful and godly young lady

And who could forget my personal attendants....yes, I had 5 and they were WONDERFUL!

*sigh* Happy Anniversary to my Love

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy Anniversary! Your wedding was so beautiful! :)

Katie Lipovsky said...

Happy Anniversary, Erika!!

Michelle said...

By the way, I love the new "4 years later" picture on the side, SO cute!!

Erika said...

Thanks Michelle and Katie! Michelle, the pic has a funny story behind it as it was "supposed" to be a baby bump pic...I thought it would be fun on our 4 year anniversary to have a 4 month baby bump pic BUT, poor Junior got cut out of the pic :) Haha...oh well :) Makes for a funny story!!

Michelle said...

Aww! Is there a baby bump to see yet?! I still can't believe how skinny you are for being almost half way done! I was showing at 12 weeks, haha! I actually had a few people ask if I was having twins because I started showing so early. Can't wait to see pictures of the bump when it does start showing!!! :)

Erika said...

I KNOW, Michelle! I'm in shock that I STILL don't look pregnant too :) I'm almost 5 months!! I guess it runs in my family because I found out my grandma lost 10 pounds and only gained 18 pounds...she hardly looked pregnant for her first one! Now I can see why people can "hide" it for so long! From the 8 pounds I lost, I've gained back a whole 4 pounds so far :) Haha :) Maybe it will really come in the last two months?

Nicole Suzanne Farley said...

I didn't see this before, but HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Love your wedding pictures...what a beautiful bride/wife/soon-to-be mother. :)