Monday, February 21, 2011

Cousins!

We had some good, quality cousin time this weekend :) Too bad they won't remember it! We were debating about which baby is bigger....even though Evie is two months older, she's a petite little thing and I think it's just a matter of time before Tristen surpasses her! That's my boy :)
I can't wait to see Tristen interact with his cousins. Evie is the only one so far (but perhaps he'll have more in the future? Maybe someday!) and I can't wait to see them possibly be friends! So, so fun :)

We've actually had quite the interesting few weeks. I'm starting to feel as though we will always be waiting for things to work out and it drives my sometimes anxious heart crazy. One of the biggest things we're waiting for is to see if Aaron is accepted into the Nursing Program at MSU. He's been taking all the prerequisites until this time (since he didn't have the required science classes from his time at NWC), his GPA is awesome, the application is in, and the wait continues until the end of March. Ugh. It's so hard to wait especially when there is nothing we can do about it. And, when so much rests upon whether he gets accepted or not.

We have always adapted to living off of one paycheck (in preparation for when I would stay at home with kids) but we had my paycheck for the savings, fun, etc. Even though we didn't rely on it, it is still hard to not have that 'extra" money lying around just in case we needed it. I tend to worry about money but God has always provided for our needs....even in our first year of marriage when we had NO money! I still don't know how we got through that first year financially!

It's hard to not worry about what will happen tomorrow, a month from now, and in the next year. But, during one of my many moments of worry in the last month, I opened my prayer journal to a random page and the verse I had written down at one time in my life was Matthew 6:19-34. If you want to be reminded to not worry, open up your Bible and read this passage. So, so good.

So, we're in another period of waiting in our journey. And, honestly, it's so not fun. But, it will end soon and I'm sure I'll learn from it like I have done in every other waiting period....I'll keep you all updated and in the meantime, I'll try to take things day by day.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I totally understand what you're feeling! There have been so many times in our marriage where I look back and wonder how on earth we made it through that period with the amount of money we had (or didn't have!). God definitely always provides and it's so awesome to look back and see how He takes care of us! We'll be praying for you guys that everything works out with Aaron's nursing program!

Nicole Suzanne Farley said...

Oh, waiting! Hang in there girl, that means there are special things God wants to teach you guys. :) And, I just posted a blog that was intended mostly for you...so let me know if you want to jump on the boat from far away! Much love!