Sunday, February 20, 2011

Nursery

I'm back :) It's snowing like mad outside, Tristen's taking his nap, Aaron's shoveling all the snow, and Sadie's sleeping so I decided to take some time to update my blog. I thought I was getting sick of winter but I secretly like looking at all this new snow fall. It really is pretty :) However, in the same breath, I loved the warm weather last week (Side note: Isn't it funny that "warm" is 35 degrees? Aaron and I went without coats when it was 35-40 degrees outside...I guess we were born to live in this frigid weather! End side note)

So, one thing that I did during my spare time was I finally got Tristen's nursery completely decorated! I finally made the mobile and put the finishing touches on it. And, here are the pics along with the explanations of the projects:

Changing table area!
Projects included:
1) Bulletin board covered with fabric that will be a picture collage area. Right now it's covered with his ultrasound pics but will be updated soon!
2) Changing pad covers! I sewed up a few from scrap blue fabric
Oh, and yes, those are cloth diapers. That will be a post in and of itself but we have started cloth diapers and so far, so good!

Rocking area
Projects included:
The blue knitted boots sitting on the shelf
Projects:
1) His name! Made out of chip board scrapbooking letters from Hobby Lobby covered with scrapbooking paper. It's a little hard to see the lighter colored letters :) You'll just have to come to our house if you want to see it better!
2) Rocking horse built by my cool, talented hubby


Projects:
1) Crib quilt and skirt made by my mother-in-law. I can't take any credit :) I picked out the colors and pattern....but that's about all the credit I can take :)
2) Mobile! Made out of an embroidery circle, ribbon, and scrap fabric from the quilt. It may not last too long (when he starts batting at it!) but he LOVES looking at it right now which makes me happy :)

So, if you were wondering what Tristen's nursery looks like, there you have it :) There are also shelves and a dresser in his room but they are kind of boring so no pics :) I seriously love projects! What am I working on this week? THE wedding scrapbook...yeah, you know which one I'm talking about. It's half done and I think 3-4 days of hardcore scrapbooking while Tristen sleeps and it may be done. :) But, my son comes first so we'll see what his week looks like and go from there! Anywho....that's my update!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I love his room, it's so adorable! I'd definitely like to hear how the cloth diapering is going! We did it for a while with Keagan, but he was so close to potty training that it didn't last long. :)

Nicole Suzanne Farley said...

Good work girl!!! So fun!