Monday, January 9, 2012

Almost Halfway

Today we got to hear the heartbeat of Baby #2.....such a sweet sound. :) At today's appointment, they already scheduled my 20 week sonogram. Wow....for real?? I'm already almost halfway?? Unbelievable. My appointment is scheduled for the second week in February which means we have 4 weeks to decide:

1) If we're going to find out if it's a boy or girl. We've been changing our minds lately and wondering if it would be fun NOT to know this time. Last time I wanted to know for sure...no questions about it! This time....we're not so sure.

2) If we find out, should we tell people? It would be so fun to have our little secret but I know that we probably couldn't go a week without telling family, so....

3) If we find out and tell family, should we just tell everyone then?

I'm thinking it will be either option 2 or 3 and I'm really leaning toward Option 2 (just telling family) but we shall see. :) 4 weeks will hopefully give us enough time to decide.

Onto to other things.....a pic from our Christmas last night! My side of the family didn't get to celebrate until yesterday due to the arrival of sweet Iylah but it was wonderful to celebrate last night! It still felt like Christmas even without a tree, no snow, and 2 weeks after the Christmas season!

Hope you're all having a fantastic Monday and start of the week. It feels like spring in Minnesota and as much as I love snow, I would have to say that I would be totally fine if this weather kept up :) So beautiful and we were even able to go for a walk this weekend :) Love! Happy Monday!

4 comments:

Rachel Farley said...

I like this post. What a sweet, as in precious, feeling it must be to hear your babies heartbeat. I think you should just blog the gender, and everyone that read your blog has to keep it a secret.... because really, the blog readers are like family :)

I think it would be fun to have it kept secret, but I would never be able to keep a secret like that. But... I think you should try.

You are pretty.

Erika said...

Rachel, I was totally thinking the same thing actually (putting it on my blog but not on facebook) :) It would be a compromise to completely revealing via facebook or keeping it a secret :) It would be fun to keep it a secret but I, like you, don't know if I could keep it secret for long....we shall see! :)

Sarah and Alex said...

So exciting! And congrats by the way...your sweet family is growing! I totally had to find out the gender with Emma. I think with your first it's nice to find out because of all the planning and showers that take place. I think it would be totally cool to not find out until he or she is born. It would be super hard to wait though...can't wait to find out what you decide to do!

Michelle said...

Cute family picture! You guys are a beautiful family! :) With Keagan, we knew we wanted to find out the gender, but we wanted to keep it a secret. It lasted 5 days until I just couldn't do it anymore. LOL :) If you can do it though, it would be fun!