Wednesday, January 11, 2012

If You Want a Good Deal...

...this is the week to get 'em! I am a major bargain hunter....I have gotten such great deals over the years that it's actually hard for me to pay more than $5-10 for anything (and, I'm partial to $3-$4 things!) I splurge occasionally for important, quality things, but for the most part, I love me a good deal :)

So, I knew this week was coming....THE sale after Christmas. They tease you with the "after Christmas" sales the day after Christmas but this week is when you can hit a jackpot.

Case in point? Old Navy today. 50% off clearance. Try 6 shirts and 1 tanktop and I spent a whoppin' $25 total.  Did I mention some were sweaters for $4 and the tanktops are now $1.24? (Minnesota prices without tax on clothes that is) If you need to stock up (and, like me, saved your Christmas money until now!), Old Navy has some great deals.

I had approximately 1 1/2 hours to shop this morning so I power shopped and headed over to T.J. Maxx next. A few good deals in the baby department but nothing to write home about :)

Target....their huge 70-75% deal is coming (on clothing and toys) I've heard but so far they have kid boots 50-70% off which makes for great deals (and I'm okay if they're not high tech quality since they're for kids and Tristen will wear his a total of.....a few hours) :)

Hobby Lobby (at least in Mankato) has all their Christmas stuff 90% off now....I stock up on ribbon, candles, and any other decorations I find fun. You just can't beat ribbon that is 40 cents :) Although the selection by this time is dwindling, I've still found good deals over the years (CUTE dollar stockings anyone?)

There you have it....how I spent my 1 1/2 hours and I hardly made a dent into mine and Tristen's Christmas money. Love it!

Tristen in his super cute new boots (and new snowpants, hat, and gloves!)


It snowed today....just a light dusting but it was enough to get outside and play in it :) Tristen's getting closer to walking but still needs a little help!! We need quite a bit more snow for a snowman....but seriously that spring-like weather yesterday was gorgeous. I wouldn't mind if it returned :)

No comments: