Thursday, February 16, 2012

Birthday Party, Valentine's Day Pics and Project Ideas!!

This morning as I was cleaning, I thought to myself, "I really REALLY like having a small house." Why? It takes me a little over an hour to wash almost every nook and cranny in my house in contrast to the couple hours it took me in our other house. Umm, yeah, lovin' the benefits of the small house right now!!

I've been thinking of projects to do around this small house though. One of them being decorating the nursery for Tristen and Baby Girl. They'll be sharing a room and I want them to have two separate spaces even though it's a small space.....so I've come up with the idea of making it a beach/tropical room. Tristen's side will have driftwood (anyone have any laying around??) and shells/ships....cool natural objects from the ocean. Baby Girl?? I'm thinking tropical flowers painted above the crib and more flowery/girlie things for her side :) Brown will be the primary color with blue and green on Tristen's side and pink and yellow on Baby Girl's side. We'll see how it actually turns out though!! Although I've had the idea for a while, I was dreaming of what it would look like realistically last night and then found some fun rooms online that will help me! So, I'm excited to get going on it! 

Last Friday, Tristen's little friend, Raina, had her first birthday party! I totally forgot to put up some adorable pics of the party.....here he is with the birthday girl!! (don't you LOVE that skirt!?!?)


Eating cupcakes! Yummy!

 Valentine's Day! What better way to practice with crayons than to make Daddy a card?!!

 Yay Valentine's Day!
  
Tristen looks less than thrilled about the below picture :) Haha....we'll have to think of something else for next Valentine's Day :)

My house is clean and projects are racing through my head.....I think this is going to be a good day :)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Cute family! And I LOVE the birthday girl's skirt! SO adorable!!!