Monday, February 13, 2012

Mommy Blogger

I can feel it happening (or it has happened). I'm totally a mommy blogger. I used to love to write about other things: house projects, crafting projects, people that I have met, stories of the past, etc.  This past week, since announcing that we are having a girl, ALL I can think about is decorating the nursery, finding cute, cheap clothes for her, and blogging about Tristen and HER.

While definitely not a bad thing, I remember being the one that didn't have a baby. The one not pregnant. I joyfully watched friends have kids and talk about all the movements of their babies while they were pregnant. The majority of the time, I was just plain excited for them. Occasionally, though, it was hard to not be one of them. I would be lying to say "I get it" for people who can't/don't have children since I now have children and haven't had to go through the journey that many of my friends have had to face....but, I do get it to a very small extent since we were the ones without children not so long ago..... which is why I try not to make my blog completely about my children.

On the flip side, I can see it from the other perspective now....as a mommy blogger. I get it. Watching your children grow, learn new things, and do things "for the first time" is so fun and so exciting. Unlike when we are older, our children have milestones every month it seems like and you WANT to tell the whole world what milestone your child has done. I get it now which is why I don't feel so bad about being a mommy blogger some of the time. I'm still trying to find the balance so if it feels like I talk about my kids constantly or talk about everything but my kids, just know that I'm still figuring out what's too much and what's not enough.

On that note, I do want to share a few things about our ultrasound.
Here is a pic of our little girl!!

She is quite the mover (evidence in the picture above! We weren't able to get a clear profile) and already I can feel CRAZY movements with her.....I thought Tristen moved a lot but he was nothing compared to this little one! It feels like she's constantly dropping in my stomach...maybe she'll be a runner or a gymnast?! In the ultrasound, she was doing everything from "waving" at us to pushing back at the technician and squirming away when she was taking measurements. She seems spunky and quite energetic (hmmm, I wonder where she gets THAT from!) Although we have three names that we like, I think just seeing her in the ultrasound has helped us nail down one and yes, it will be a secret until she's born. 

I couldn't help myself.....she already has a Christmas dress for next year :) Come on, they are SO cheap at the moment and happened to have one in the right size....and I just happen to have a few summer outfits for a girl that were supposed to be gifts for friends that ended up having boys so we have a few things for this little one!

Thanks for letting me think through my new role of being a mommy blogger....I'll try to think of something exciting to blog about next....maybe I need a new project to work on. Non-baby related that is :) Happy Monday all....and Happy Valentine's Day tomorrow :)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I love your mommy blogging! :)

Erika said...

Oh good, Michelle :) Sometimes it's hard not to think/talk about anything else since they become your life, you know?