Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Tuesday Ramblings

It IS Tuesday, right? Goodness, I don't have a clue anymore! :)

*This is a BIG week for us!! We find out what we're having.....soon. Not today but sometime this week. Can I take back my first guess that it's a girl?? I don't have a CLUE what we're having and I've heard so many opinions from people who think it's a boy or girl that it makes me even more confused. :) Last time, it was so easy. I "just knew" Tristen was a boy. This time, all my "inklings" are gone and this mother has no intuition to go off of. If I have any inkling at all, it's that we won't be able to find out and secretly, I think that would be fun :)

*We also have big birthday celebrations this week as Aaron's mom turns 60! Wahoo!

*And then another bday party on Friday for one of Tristen's little friends...followed by a work weekend for Aaron. Oh yes, and it's Valentine's Day next week...hmm...I suppose we should start thinking of that!

*Apart from our fun-filled week, lately I feel like I've had some revelations in life. Although I've been a stay-at-home mom for a year now, I feel like I'm finally "getting it". You know how they say it takes a full year in a job or a new house to adjust to it? I think it's true....even with something as wonderful as being a mom. It hasn't been the "mom" part that has been hard at times....especially since I came from teaching preschool. Having just one child to take care of was a breath of fresh air! It has been the other parts-the cooking, cleaning, keeping up the house and being a wife and caretaker of the house on top of being a mom that has been hard to accept at times. I'm an extrovert by nature but have found out how hard it is to tote children around and work around feeding and nap times. My life has slowed down and my priorities have changed. And, it's been such a good change. I've been praying that God would use me in my home since I believe that's where He wants me at this particular time in my life. And through those constant prayers, I finally have a joy (umm, most of the time!) :) as I do the routine things in my life now. I actually like laundry and ironing now....see, I have changed! :)

*I also have a renewed strength as we finish up the last 2 years of college for Aaron. Every year I tend to have a theme word that just keeps coming up in my head. Hope, Comfort, Trust, etc. Already this year's word has been "strength" and I've been amazed how many times it has shown up in my devotions and I feel so refreshed every time I am reminded that my strength comes from the Lord.

Anywho, I better wrap this up. All this to say, I've been so encouraged and strengthened lately by my time in the Word. So refreshing, so good. And, my little boy has been blessing my heart as he "folds" his hands to pray now. Oh.my.goodness. So precious....it has helped spur me to come to these revelations :)

Happy Tuesday!

No comments: