Tuesday, July 10, 2012

In the Last Week

Wow! I have a week old already! Sorry for the lack of blogging.....at this moment I don't know how/when I'll be on the internet with 2 kids but I'm sure I'll figure it out someday and I know that once Aubrey is into a schedule, I will enjoy catching up on people's lives via the internet once again. But, in the meantime, it is a few minutes here and there that I get to steal for myself :) My blogging may be very random, just warning you!

But, life is good! Actually, this week has gone way better than I expected! Aubrey's birth story in a nutshell is: I didn't go into labor on my own so I did indeed get induced on Monday morning, July 2nd. Labor was SO short, I got an epidural again (call me a wimp but getting induced is not for the faint of heart and I love those epidurals then!!), she came SO quickly (like, 6 minutes!) and she looked so much like Tristen we couldn't believe it! Our hospital stay was SOOOOO much better this time around! I had the absolute best nurses ever and they all loved that Aaron was going into Nursing. Also, I felt amazing even a few hours after she was born so that made all the difference in the world!

Tristen is doing SO well with having her around. Even though we didn't plan on having kids 18 months apart, I wouldn't do it any differently....he's adjusting well and loves to rock Aubrey in her swing :) It's seriously precious!! We've had some precious times as a family of four in the last week....parades, fireworks, parks, walks.....the video camera has been out a lot as well as the camera!

Obviously, Aaron and I are a little tired but I"m SO glad that he is at home for a few more weeks so we can double team this whole parenting two kids thing. At least Miss Aubrey will be over a month old when he has clinicals that will take him away every week. 

Today I took Tristen's 18 month pics and although I've only edited a small number, here are a few of him! He looks SO big now that Aubrey is here! I'm planning on doing Aubrey's newborn pics soon but I just couldn't pass up taking two when I saw a great light coming into the kitchen today :) Hope you all have a wonderful week! Thanks for reading about our newest journey in life!










No comments: