Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Improvising Playdough and Car Repairs

Ha! Can I just say how funny it is that I changed our blog name and we have had ENDLESS improvisation moments in the last week and some have made us laugh out loud and others have made us discouraged and frustrated? Crazy :)

The big one has been our only working family car-our minivan. It has needed major repairs so it's put us in a bind as it spent all last week in the shop and will be spending all this week in the repair shop as well. Our first improv adventure came on Thursday when our dogs needed their shots in order to be boarded while we went on a trip to see my grandparents. Our dogs don't know what to think of each other but our only working car is our old two seater convertible :) Nothing like crammed spaces to get these dogs bonded!
This was the first few minutes...didn't quite know what to think of their current situation! :) Did I mention it's a stick shift too? So, umm, yeah, I had my hands full just trying to drive the thing!
 
But by the end, this was them! Bff's for sure! Ha! Way to improvise, right?? Maybe even a blessing in disguise because they have been more cordial to one another lately.
 
This is what we call....Tie Dye Playdough!

Looks fun, eh? :)
(I think I might be submitting this to the Pinterest Fails website!)
 
We make our own playdough around here and I thought it would be a good activity to do this morning before we go outside. We ALWAYS have all the ingredients on hand....like, always! But, of course, we didn't this time :) I learned cream of tartar and having the full 1/2 cup of salt is pretty huge with the playdough mixture! Ha!
And we don't have a car at the moment so our homemade playdough turned into an improv moment. I, started throwing more flour in, more oil in, working it this way and that way....and it turned out like this:)
Tie-Dye Playdough that feels and sticks like pizza dough :)
And thankfully, my kids are SO chill about these things....they are still playing with it and it happened an hour ago. Yay for improvisation and laughing about fails in life :)

No comments: