Thursday, June 25, 2015

When you Break Out in Song

This past weekend, we took a little trip to see my grandparents and my extended family. Basically all my cousins got married around the same time and we all had kids around the same time...as evidenced by this picture:
The great grandkids...we're missing 5 I think? Anyway, LOOK at all those babies and toddlers! It was a hilarious weekend with all of them! I was just amazed at how many kids under the age of 5 were there :)
I loved all the discussions that happened this weekend! I just love seeing multi-generational friendships happening...I love hearing about how things used to be :)
My family with my grandparents
But, seriously, this is more true to what life ACTUALLY looks like!
An impromptu picture with my dad on Father's Day with his 2 kids
 
The whole fam (sorry about the blurriness...I'm relying on a facebook pic)
 
This weekend, we had things planned out. We had the meals planned out, the hotels booked,  a few activities brought along to occupy the kids. But you know what 2 of my favorite memories were?
 
1) The picture above was a random "Let's get everybody together and try to take a picture!" moment. And, I love the memory of having a picture with my grandparents, aunts and uncles, and cousins in front of my grandparents' house.
 
2) The moment that my grandma surprised us all with her request. We had just prayed over our Saturday night supper when my grandma said, "Can we all sing 'Jesus Loves Me'?" So, 49 people ranging from 7 months to 93 raised our voices and broke out into song....and together sang "Jesus Loves Me" as a family. It was beautiful and another improv moment that was better than anything that we had planned.
 
Sometimes you just have to break out into song and seize the moment :)

No comments: