Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Puppy Days

Soooo, we have another dog around these parts. That puts us at 3 kids, 2 dogs, and 4 cats. I know, we are officially crazy :) (someone asked us the other day if we were going to get chickens. Hmmm....unless the price of eggs goes up quite a bit more, I think I have my hands full with what we already have....but I guess never say never)

Meet Lily!
 
My husband has been begging me for a Springer Spaniel for years. He grew up with them and said that if we owned land someday, he would want to look into getting one. Well, guess what...we have almost 3 acres so the dog searching went into full force a few weeks ago. Every ad was a closed door and then Lily came along. She is 8 months old and when Aaron met her, she was the PERFECT dog. Loves our kids, is gentle and fun-loving....just a great dog.
 
But then her inner Marley (from Marley and Me) came out...and she is very much still a puppy! Oh goodness....we've thrown ourselves head first into training another puppy and she's a handful :) Good thing she's so cute so we can overlook the chewing, the running away, the Houdini acts (she gets out of any and every cage!). We gave her a week trial and she might not have passed everything but I think with a little training, she'll be a great addition to our family! Crazy, huh!?! :)

No comments: