Monday, January 26, 2009

A Journey

The Journey. A catchy title and the name I have chosen as the signature for my blog. When I created a blog a little over a year ago, I don't think I knew how many things would happen on my journey through life. As I stated in our "about us" section, our journey has had many ups and downs but we have learned lessons and have pressed on during the good and the bad.

One thing I've been struck by lately is the people who have been on my life's journey. As I graduated from high school, I looked at the 5 other graduates standing next to me and wanted to freeze time. I knew our journeys would be going different ways and I would perhaps not see them again.

However, my journey has taken an interesting twist. Those people were not done in my life's journey and I was not done in theirs. It all started with a little thing called Facebook. :) We reconnected online and over Christmas, my high school friends and I reunited and had an amazingly encouraging time together. It was absolutely just what I needed at that exact time in my journey. You would think not a day went by since we were last together at a slumber party but the truth was, 5 years have gone by, 4 of us got married, and one of them has had three children already. However, as we sat at the kitchen table, we encouraged and laughed together~just like old times.

God doesn't make mistakes. This was no coincidence. He has each one of us on a journey and I am just thrilled to see what other "twists and turns" He has for us on our journey. We may have some hard and difficult twists, or we may have other unexpected and encouraging (such as this one was) twists. Whatever they may be, I am accepting this journey that God has planned for my life and I wholeheartedly want to enjoy every part of it, the good and the bad.

3 comments:

Amber said...

First of all, I love your new picture and set up...it reminds me of spring coming. Secondly...I'm glad that as cousins we are "forced" to be in each other's life journeys. I wouldn't want it any other way. Lastly, loved this post. Very true. I wonder how many people God takes in and out of our life and we don't even notice until the time has past and they are gone.

Erika said...

Amber, I never thought about those who are "forced" to be on my life's journey...what a great thought! :) I'm glad you are one of them! :)

Jessica said...

I know what you mean...it's fun to reconnect with old friends, especially friends that have had such a huge part of your life!