Thursday, April 30, 2009

Back to the Painting Board

I am completely obsessed with painting. If you don't believe me, ask my husband who thinks I'm crazy for finding yet another painting project!! :) After completing our basement, there was just one last room that needed a little sprucing up. The only problem was, I had no idea what color to paint it. Our house is very colorful as you've seen in some pics. On the main floor alone we have tan, yellow, light blue, dark red, and green in the various rooms.

I had the hardest time trying to think of another color to paint the final room. I was ALMOST daring enough to paint it orange. But, the more and more I looked at the sample on the wall, the more it made me feel like puking. :) I love orange....just not a whole room covered in orange :) Finally I decided on a light brown and was so anxious to get it painted that I started it at 8:30 tonight and just finished the first coat....It feels like my house is almost complete! What an amazing feeling....I will post pictures once it is done but you wouldn't get the full effect right now :)

Wow, I just blogged about painting colors....this obsession is getting pretty bad :) Hope you're all doing fantastically well!

2 comments:

Chris Farley said...

Erika! We are SO similar, I'm seeing it more and more as I read your blog! Totally love painting...I wish we lived next to each other, we could paint each other's houses and have company. :) WAY TO GO!

Erika said...

That would be sooooo fun!! Painting parties!! And then when we got all the rooms in our houses done, we could think of new colors and paint over what we just did!!...it would be never ending and way too much fun! Ha!