Friday, April 17, 2009

Hanging on to 24

I have a confession. A week from today I will turn 25. And, my confession is: I have never been so depressed about a birthday before. I mean, seriously, who gets depressed over turning 25? Well, I do.

I'll blame it on my brother because I've always looked up to him and wanted to be like him and he was depressed when he was 25.

However, I don't think he has anything to do with it. I think I've just realized that I'm growing up. Although I've done alot of my goals in life, I have so many more things I want to do before I "grow up". But, 25 to me is "grown up"...meaning I have exactly one week to do everything I wanted to do. Hmm...that's not going to happen. Which, as you can tell, makes me depressed :) What is a girl to do?

Okay, so I'm being somewhat sarcastic and somewhat true because I really don't want to turn 25 but I do believe the world won't end when I do.

Maybe it's because every other birthday had something "fun" to it...
20~Not a teen, officially an adult
21~Great year at college, got engaged
22~I got married, went to Europe, graduated from college, amazing year
23~Married life, Bought a house, Became a dog parent
24~Golden birthday, 24 is one of my favorite numbers
25~Not cool!!
So, please, can someone assure me 25 isn't so bad?? If you hear of me doing something totally crazy in the next week, you will know that it is because I'm in a "mid-20's crisis" :)

3 comments:

Mrs. Farley said...

I think that 25 is my favorite age so far. I thought it was going to be a tough one too- but I then realized- I should be 25! I felt ready to be 25. It's kind of a powerful age. We are no longer young 20's- we are "really adults" if there is such a thing. Embrace it my lovely sister- 25 is great! Next year is the year that will be tough- and then 30- wooo. :D

Happy Early Birthday!

Cassie said...

Oh my dear. I'm a little freaked about turning 25 in September, too. But on the bright side, Gerrit turned 25 just a couple days ago and his life is still pretty darn great. I think you'll make a great real adult!

SCGrotzke said...

Seth just turned 25 and he is still doing well so far...=)
Crystal