Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Typical Wednesday Night

It's 10:50 on a Wednesday night and I'm still awake. Very awake to be exact. This is a typical Wednesday night....4 hours of youth group, the thought of sleep on my mind on the way home, and the minute I walk into the door my body decides it needs to wind down for an hour or two. However, I have too much on my mind tonight to go to bed anyways. My basement is FINISHED! Done. Completed. No more work! I can't describe the feeling of accomplishment I felt yesterday when I saw it for the first time with a freshly carpeted floor. I am so excited and we have spent so much time down there already! I am incredibly blessed and kept reminding myself of that again and again as I enjoyed our new area.

Isn't it interesting when you have a project completed you're more apt to be motivated to do other things with more vigor? I was so excited last night that I actually enjoyed doing my laundry! HA! And you know how much I hate doing laundry! I hope this motivation stays :)

Well, it's 11:10 now. I'm going to attempt to read myself to sleep :) Perhaps I'll be a better blogger one of these days :) Good night!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Yay for a finished basement!

{LKK} said...

woo hoo!

Cassie said...

So glad to hear you finished! That must feel great! And I'm sorry you've been sick too, isn't it obnoxious?