Friday, December 11, 2009

Step 3: Finding New Jobs

Today I'm going to thank my Education professor, Susan Johnson for her wonderful advice to me a little under 3 years ago. She advised me to get my MN teaching license even though I was moving to Iowa. I questioned her advice at first thinking I wouldn't be moving back to MN to ever use it (and MN licenses are much more expensive than IA) but I took the tests and got my MN license. Now because of it, I can sub the day I move to Mankato! Thank you, Dr. Johnson!

Today we're updating our resumes, filling out applications, calling up schools, etc... Not the most fun thing to do, but it needs to be done!! :) And thankfully, we at least have something we can fall back on: substitute teaching. Oh the joys of substitute teaching...some days are fantastic and some days are CRAZY but in a strange way, I actually enjoy it. Well, I must go and keep filling out my applications....things are working out!!! :)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Substitute teaching can be a great way to make money! The mom of the little boy I babysit is a sub and she works at least 3 days every week! :)