Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Dependence Upon God

Throughout my life, I've prided myself on my strong independence. The funny thing is....I'm not really that independent but just dependent on a few people in life: my parents, my brother, my husband...and that's about it :) BUT, I do like to be independent.....and one of the hardest things lately is knowing that I can't do everything on my own. I have to depend on other people....

This past weekend I had a meltdown as I still am working LONG hours at work covering for a coworker (which I found out today will be gone until I go on maternity leave!), not getting any sleep, and really feeling the crunch to do SO much on top of my long hours of working. As much as my independent spirit says, "Keep going! You can get everything done by YOURSELF", last night, instead of working on projects, I took out my Bible and just read and read. *whew* How refreshing....

And, in a strange way, I wouldn't want my last few weeks before Baby Willey to be any different than they are (although I am craving a rest time before he gets here!).....because through my long hours and emotional/physcial exhaustion, I am forced to rely on God's strength to get me through. I am forced to rely on other people to help me get things ready. I am forced to let go and let God take control. I am forced to be dependent.....

1 comment:

katielipovsky said...

Life is a little uncertain for us these days--and my instinct is to try to control as much as I can, rather than being more intentional about giving it up to Him. Thanks for the reminder about relying on HIS strength rather than my own!